The Best of the Blog Conferences: A Resource List - Evolved Mommy
It seems like everyone on the Twitters is live tweeting from blog conferences. ‘Tis the season. In that spirit I thought some of you might like to know which ones are the most popular, where they are and how to get the info.
I’ll be attending at least one in the next year, but haven’t decided specifically. Although, since I have a strong desire to visit Ashville, North Caroline, I’m leaning toward Type A MomCon.
- Bloggy Bootcamp
- What is it: A one day blog and social media conference for women held in major cities all over the U.S.
- Where is it: The 2011 Tour included Boston, Chicago (it’s like a list of 80s bands so far, right?), San Diego & Seattle. The remaining locations for this year are Denver (September) and Atlanta (October).
- When is it: Throughout the year. Click the link to find the current tour schedule.
- What is it: The world’s largest conference for women in social media
- When is it: In like two weeks! If you can’t make it to San Diego this year, now is the time to start planning and budgeting for 2012.
- Bonus: Sometimes there are events related to blog conferences for those of us that can’t actually make it to the conference. For example, last year I got to attend CheeseburgHer.
- Type A Mom Conference
- What is it: Type-A Parent Conference, in its third year, is designed to help social media/blogging parents and the companies who want to connect with them take it to the next level.
- When is it: Well, you just missed it for 2011, but for 2012 it will be June 22-24 in Ashville, NC.
- Bonus: One of my twitter besties @savannahb went this year and said it is amazing. You can read her blog here.
- Evo Conf
- What is it: A conference that blends workshops, networking, parties and the wind-in-your-hair relaxation that can only be found by spending summertime in the mountains.
- When is it: RIGHT NOW. In fact, this is the one that inspired this list. The tweets I’m seeing out of this conference are making me so jealous. I have a feeling I’ll be going to this one if I don’t go to Type A next year. The 2012 dates are July 12-14.
- Where is it: Park City, Utah. Hello gorgeousness!
There’s also this helpful resource: Blog Conference Newbie, which has a helpful calendar and other useful information.
Locally, we have
- Arkansas Women Bloggers group, who recently held their first conference. Now, this is going to freak some of you out (as it did me), but it’s an “unplugged” conference, meaning you can bring your laptop, iPhone and iPad, but you won’t be using them. Even if you wanted to be sneaky there’s really no signal at the rustic resort in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas where this conference is held.
- WordCamp Fayetteville for those of us using or interested in using WordPress. There are actually WordCamps held all over the country. Fine one near you here. Last year I had an absolute blast at #WCFAY. See?
If you have a particular niche try googling that plus “blog conference.” There are several specific conferences. Sometimes the more specific and intimate the better because you can truly bond with others who are in the same boat.
Have you ever been to a blog conference? If so, which one? What did you think? Would you go again?
If not, would you like to go to one? If so, which one?
Leave a comment. I’m committed to going within the next year and could use some help deciding where to go.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- Tech legend Steve "Woz" Wozniak to speak at University of Arkansas
- Extreme Calendaring: the Full Contact Sport of Life
- Define Web 2.0 (I Swear It is Interesting)
- Gardening on the Brain & the Budget; How We Built Two Raised-Bed Gardens for Practically Free
- Contact Us
- Best. Investment. Ever. (aka Best Gift for Husband Ever)
- Facebook Etiquette: Not on my timeline