This is the good stuff: Baking cookies with toddlers - Evolved Mommy
One of my most distinct memories from childhood is standing on a metal step stool at my great-grandmother’s house making sugar cookies. I remember the sweet vanilla smell; what the cutter felt like going into the rolled out and flour-coated dough; and the sound of the sprinkles in the shaker. I also remember the aprons Nanny wore. They were so 1955. So beautiful.
I have been anxiously waiting for my first time to bake cookies with Charlie.
Well this past week we did it. We invited Charlie’s friend Hadley over and we got messy. They both had the day off from Mother’s Day Out because it was Thanksgiving week. Hadley’s mom and I decided this would be a perfect play date because we could take the finished cookies home to our families and show off the geniusly (<— not a real word) creative work of our gorgeous and very advanced daughters. By the way, you can check out Hadley’s mom’s FANTASTIC baking on her blog Bowers, Baking and Babies.
I didn’t get any pictures of them actually cutting out cookies because my hands were covered in dough and flour. But you get the idea.
And then there’s this poor mother.
Oh. Good. Lord.
I’ll be glad to post the recipe for the cookies and the recipe for the icing if anyone is interested. They are from scratch and delicious!
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- Contact Us
- Sponsor Info
- Wurt de Fort?!? The Elements of the Perfect Sofa Fort
- My Wish for My Kindergartener
- To friends of Julee: How to be a friend to a young widow
- huge, Huge, HUGE News! American Idol Auditions in Little Rock!
- AT&T's Just Made a HUGE Announcement
- Christmas is for love: Wordless Wednesday