Fashion: Smartphone as shopping buddy
Let me start by saying my husband cannot be trusted as a shopping buddy because (and this is a good problem to have as his wife) he tells me EVERYTHING looks beautiful. While I like to hear that, it isn’t always helpful.
For example, I “looked great” last Thursday when I left the house, but later when I saw pictures from that day I would say my look was more “sub-par to mortifying.”
As a mom y’all know it isn’t always easy to find a friend who can just run out the door and meet you at the mall to pick out a last minute outfit for a trip that you are leaving for the next day. (Not that I ever shop like that)
So lately my very best shopping buddy has been my iPhone.
How it works:
1. Try on outfit
2. Snap quick photo
3. Try on next outfit
4. Snap another quick photo
5. After a few changes compare the pictures
Why this works:
- The mirror lies to me and tells me things look good that don’t and vice versa
- I get a more objective look at the outfit and how it looks on my body and with my skin color and hair color/style
- I can see the whole picture as opposed to staring at my problem areas, such as I tend to do in the mirror
- If I need extra help I can text a few pics to my trusted shopping friends (or Steve if I just need affirmation)
Here are few examples of my recent dressing room visits
Important Evolved Mommy tips:
1. Only take pictures in your dressing room. You’d hate to accidentally snap a picture of someone else. Not. Okay.
2. Turn off the volume on your phone. Otherwise you sound like a total creep taking pictures in the dressing room.