Lest you think I have ANYTHING together - Evolved Mommy
- Stephanie Funk
- On October 20, 2014
My preschooler can dress herself, but I can’t.
As I scooted Charlie through the front door of her preschool while trying to avoid tripping over the tiny toddler who was escaping his distracted mama I gave a sigh and headed to the sign in sheet.
Only 5 minutes late. Not bad at all.
Charlie dried her hands at the washing station and I straightened my brown sweater dress in case it had ooched up as sweater dresses over tights are wont to do, and that’s when I saw it. On the outside of my dress somewhere between the hip and the hem was a Care Instructions tab.
“Omg. You goofball!” I thought about myself when I realized what was going on.
“Charlie, look at mommy! My dress is on inside out.”
We ducked into the lobby bathroom together giggling at the silliness. What a ridiculous and fun way to start a Monday.
What happened to my face?
It got pregnancy fat. Good grief. Talking about adding insult to injury.
I tried duck face and everything.
This is how you do it, right?
Oh well. Le sigh.
You know what straightened out my wonky day? Two things…
1. This tumblr
2. This AMAZING video I worked on with Adair Creative
It’s about the sport and spirit of blogging for my business Acorn Influence. Happy tears!!! (possibly pregnancy tears)
The rest of the day was pretty standard Monday stuff. Fingers crossed it stays that way until I can get my head on the pillow. Although, I am pretty amused at the world most of the time, and these little events all add up to a pretty fantastic day.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- 5 Reasons Every Mom Needs An iPad
- Meeting The Pioneer Woman
- Wurt de Fort?!? The Elements of the Perfect Sofa Fort
- I think it skipped me
- StoryToys Gives Readers a Halloween Treat with Haunted House Activity Book
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles