My Darling, My CheeseburgHer - Evolved Mommy
“My Darling, My Hamburger” by Paul Zindel was one of my very favorite books as a child. I mention it because listed below are my favorite CheesburgHers. These are the ladies who have an amazing way with words, and are a lot of fun to play with.
Here’s something funny
I went to Amazon to see what the listing for “My Darling, My Hamburger” had to say, and found the perfect illustration of the importance of the right words.
Here’s Amazon’s decription of the book:
“Four high school seniors struggle with the responsibilities of growing up, particularly the problems of an intimate relationship.”
What? Oh, I fell asleep during your book report, Amazon.
Here’s the publisher’s description:
“As senior year rolls around, two unlikely couples find themselves caught between desire and the fear of intimacy. Liz and Sean, misunderstood by their parents, confused but certain they are in love, have an affair that ends shatteringly. Maggie and Dennis, just as confused, take their first steps toward understanding the demands life makes on everyone. Faced with real-life dilemmas that have no easy answers, Maggie, Dennis, Liz, and Saen must make choices that will affect the rest of their lives.”
The following ladies will not put you to sleep
Kyran Notes to Self
Heather Girl Photog
Cathy Arkie Mama
Melanie Arkansas Employment Law (Okay, this one is a little less dramatic, but it’s very useful)
Michelle Tales from a Panama Mama
Savannah Chasing My Bees
Susan Rants from an Old Trout
Melissa Gerbera Daisy Diaries
Susan My Sliver of Life
Brooke Parenting from Scratch
Cynthia & Vicki Stick Horse Cowgirls (They have been besties since they were three)
Alison Chino House
Kat Team Hills
Hillary Rock the Shops
Kerri Damn You, Little Rock
Amy The Bee Dot
Pamela A Thinking Woman
Audreya If You Ask Me
Natalie The Juggling Act
Jennifer (and sometimes Lindsay) Little Rock Family
Kelcie The Huffsticklers
UPDATE: In the original post I failed to include on of my most darling CheeseburgHers: Ernie Bufflo. Please visit her. She’s fabulous!
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- huge, Huge, HUGE News! American Idol Auditions in Little Rock!
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- Pergola As Shady Wonder Hut | Steve McCratic
- Pretty pretty (and free) Tory Burch iPhone wallpaper
- Review (and giveaway!): JBL Charge vs Jawbone Mini Jambox. FIGHT!
- Top 10 Mommy Bloggers | Who Do You Really Read?
- To friends of Julee: How to be a friend to a young widow
- Currently Obsessed: Designer iPhone 5 Cases
- Facebook Etiquette: Not on my timeline