The Most Supportive Bloggers in NWA - Evolved Mommy
- Stephanie McCratic
- On July 2, 2011
I know not all of you are local to my area (specifically, Northwest Arkansas), but a lot of you are. This article is mostly for y’all. If you’re a blogger you know that sometimes you feel quite alone and lost. WordPress is acting wonky or no one has commented in days and you’re not sure anyone cares that you bother to write.
There were many days as a blogger that I wished I had a local group of people I could commiserate (and celebrate) with. I found them! They exist! And they recently got together for a conference (which I was not able to attend, but they love me anyway).
There are several bloggers in NWA that now get together (somewhat) regularly. Of those bloggers I’ve compiled a list of the ones you should really get to know. Interact with them on Twitter. They are supportive, informative, curious, different, uplifting and genuinely fun people.
NWA Bloggers to Know:
- @nwafoodie (Lyndi, nwafoodie.com)
- @bethanystephens (Bethany, littlemagpie.org)
- @angiealbright (Angie, angiealbright.wordpress.com)
- @kellynpeterson (Kelly, kellyspinkbicycle.blogspot.com)
- @thebusynothings (Heidi, thebusynothings.com)
- @jackiewolven (Jackie, goodwolve.blogs.com/moxieworks)
- @techteachergirl (Sarah, fortheloveofgeek.com)
I cannot tell you how much I have learned from these ladies. Blogging, like anything else in this world, isn’t nearly as simple as it seems, and sometimes you just need someone to talk to about it.
If you’re interested in meeting some of these (and other
geeky) people here are a couple of dates to put on your calendar.
- Monday, July 11th 11:00 a.m. NWA Bloggers Meetup
- Saturday, July 16th 9:00 a.m. Arkansas Women Bloggers Meetup (leave a comment if you’d like the details of this casual, Saturday morning coffee get-together)
- Saturday, July 30th All Freakin’ Day Wordcamp Fayetteville
Who do you find to be super supportive in the bloggy land of the internets? Who is your favorite local twitterererer and/or blogger?
Top Posts & Pages
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- Define Web 2.0 (I Swear It is Interesting)
- Cute Girls' Hairstyles
- Pergola As Shady Wonder Hut | Steve McCratic
- 5 Reasons Every Mom Needs An iPad
- The Fall Tailgating Gadget Guide
- Schilling Tree Farm - Lonoke, AR
- 9 Need to Know Cruise Tech Tips for a Stress Free Vacation