How to: See who is pinning your content on Pinterest - Evolved Mommy
- Stephanie McCratic
- On March 5, 2012
If you check your site stats or Analytics you perhaps have seen Pinterest as a source of traffic on occasion. But who is pinning and what? Who knows.
Because I work with Smarty McFarties at Acumen Brands I just learned the coolest tip.
See who is pinning what content from your site to Pinterest.
Type this into your address bar:
You can do this with any website:
And you get a page that looks something like this:
Why do this?
1. You can see what people find compelling. While Analytics or Jetpack site stats will tell you where people have been and what they clicked, this tells you what they think is good enough to share.
2. To learn who your brand champions are. Even if you don’t consider yourself a brand your are if you have a blog. This will help you know who supports you the most, and that knowledge can help you in many ways, such as returning the love, thanking them or just sending them good vibes.
3. Out of curiosity. Oh be real! You know you’re curious. Just go look.
If you’re a Pinterest newb and you’re not sure how exactly people are pinning your content let me explain.
They have likely added a “Pin It” button to their browser, which allows them to pin any content from anywhere. If you don’t have this button just go to Pinterest, log in, hover your mouse over the “About” drop down and select “Pin It” button. The instructions are there.
How can you use this info to better your blog or business?
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- Vintage Pictures Make Chicago More Hip(stamatic)
- Meeting The Pioneer Woman
- Glamping Gadgets for the Reluctant Camper
- Sponsor Info
- Life Noted: Beautiful Life Management app
- How to #SellMyPhone on eBay