The Art of Grilling: Keep it Simple - Evolved Mommy
Disclosure: We are excited to work with Kenmore over the next few months to bring you fun helpful tips to make life easier. GIVEAWAY BELOW
We grill year round, but there’s something about summer and the freedom of being able to be outside almost every night that opens up the possibilities of trying new recipes, trying new methods and taking risks with the family meal that you might not otherwise take because, worst-case scenario, with a good grill you can still have burgers and hot dogs ready in minutes if something goes wrong.
This past Wednesday night was one of those where I was counting hot-dogs before I ever even lit the grill because I was a little apprehensive about the recipe that our daughter had picked from the Kenmore cookbook: Nana’s Pizza on a Stick.
KEEP SCROLLING: We’re giving away cookbooks!
It’s simple really. You take take pepperoni, cherry tomatoes and pearl onions, skewer them and wrap them with canned pizza dough covered in cheese. Wrap it all around the skewer and pinch it together.
I wasn’t confident about how these would turn out on the grill, but they were a blast to make with our five year old. (She insisted that her’s had NO onions.)Our junior chef helped with the entire preparation process (disclaimer: DO NOT LET SMALL CHILDREN DO ANY OF THE PARTS THAT TAKE PLACE ABOVE ROOM TEMPERATURE! When the grill is involved there’s fire and fire and even some fire.
In fact, it never hurts to tell them that playing with fire will make them wet the bed) She even suggested that I should do something to keep the uncooked pizza sticks from sticking to the plate before I transferred them to the grill.
I took her advice and brushed them with olive oil and then threw them on over indirect heat (good grills have a place to do this) with a few wood chips in a smoker box to give them a perfect wood fired, almost brick oven flavor. Notice how i said “perfect” just twelve words ago?
No exaggeration, these things turned out amazing!
Tip: To pick up skewers on the grill grab them with the holes on your grill tools
If you’re looking for a Father’s Day gift that will help Dad have a nightly bonding with the family or one that will have him taking over more than just a majority of the family meals, consider a Kenmore grill. Shop at kenmore.com/grills
Check out this beautiful 6 burner Kenmore grill
Kenmore grills are known for:
- Larger cooking surface and more burners provide plenty of room and the right amount of heat for every dish to deliver just-right results
- More power with higher BTUs for a big family or gathering
- Achieve even-grilling with powerful and even heat distribution (verified with testing) for even-grilling results from corner to corner
- Versatility through a wide variety of features that vary by model, such as rotisserie attachments, side steamers, smoker and ovens for your specific grilling needs. You can even have a refrigerator in the grill, to keep all ingredients on-hand and make entertaining even easier.
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
- Tweet or Instagram your favorite grilling tip or a grilling question AND
- Tag @evolvedmommy and hashtag #ArtofGrilling by July 3rd.