Verizon Hopeline for Domestic Abuse Victims - Evolved Mommy
Verizon announced today the launch of a new Android app called Hopeline for domestic abuse victims.
Please tell your friends because one in four (statistically 25 people in the room I’m in right now) is affected by domestic abuse.
Consider donating your old devices.
This is a powerful tool.
Lavon Morris-Grant spoke to us at the Verizon Wireless Today’s Technology and Tomorrow’s Vision lunch.
She has two bullets currently, and I suppose permanently, lodged in her body: one in her head, and the other (in her words) in her “black butt.”
“After being shot I went and laid on the kitchen floor to die, but something in my spirit said, ‘we are not dying today’ and I said ‘yes, we are'”
She is funny, honest, blunt, real and approachable. You can read more about her story in her book “Whom Shall I Fear”. She had not previously been abused by her husband when he shot her four times while her kids were home.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- Meeting The Pioneer Woman
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- The FitBit is a hit, as I Feel a Bit More Fit
- Top 10 Mommy Bloggers | Who Do You Really Read?
- Favorite Findies
- Contact Us
- BlogHer 12 | iPhoneography
- Web 3.0: Social Media Fatigue