Blog Step 1: Wordpress.com vs. wordpress.org - Evolved Mommy
One of the questions I get the most from people who know I have a blog (yes, there are people in my life who don’t know and I’d like to keep it that way) is, “How do I start a blog?”
But usually it isn’t phrased in such a sweet, inquisitive way. What really happens is this:
“Oh, really? You have a blog. That’s great. How do I start one? I used to write and I’d love to get paid to do it.”
You and me both sister! While I don’t make a lot of money from my blog (shocking, isn’t it, that advertisers aren’t throwing money at me) I have made a ton of doors open. This little blog has gotten me access to some amazing people and opportunities. So when people ask how I “monetize” my blog, THAT’S how.
*Getting down off my soap box*
If you would like to start a blog and have no idea where to begin, I can help. First, you need to know that there are two types of blogs: self-hosted (WordPress.org) and free (WordPress.com, Blogger, etc.). My advice is ask yourself, “Do I want the public to be able to find my blog or do I just want to write for my family?”
The awesomesauce people at my friend Syed’s site wpbeginner.com put together this super helpful wordpress infographic that should be able to help you make your decision.
My blog is self-hosted, so I use wordpress.org.
Bloggy friends: Do you know of other resources that are great for people who are blog-curious or newbies?
Blog-curious friends: What would you like to learn about next?
Top Posts & Pages
- Why the Kindle Fire HD with FreeTime is a Better Choice for Kids than the iPad
- I. Die!!! The Tory Burch FitBit flex accessories ARE HERE
- Valentine's Day Gadget Gifts for Your Guy
- Phenomenal woman #MayaAngelou
- How to: Make a Blog Badge and a "Grab this badge"
- Pergola As Shady Wonder Hut | Steve McCratic
- Netflix helps you get the bullying conversation started with suggested titles
- Watch out, Joyce! Here Comes That New Girl
- The Most Supportive Bloggers in NWA