Exercise Two: Identify on a timeline five high points in life and five low points.
I won’t share the gory details of that exercise here, but I did have a revelation. Four of my five lowest points are all prior to getting sober and four of my five high points are after getting sober. The only high point before was being placed with Meme & Pepaw at six months old. Obviously I don’t remember that moment, but it forever changed the course of my life. So, yeah, it’s a high point. The only low point after my sobriety date is when my first husband died.
* 6 months: Place to live with Meme & Pepaw
* 7 years old through Childhood: Chubby kid
* 12 years old (8th grade): Jr. High, Daddy died, Started drinking
* 17 years old (12th grade): Started trying drugs
* 27 years old: First attempt at sobriety
* 28 years old: Married Marshall
* 30 years old: Marshall died and I started drinking again somewhere in that process
* 30 years old (cont.): Sobriety, real & beautiful & hard sobriety.
* 32 years old: Married Steve
* 33 years old: Charlie was born
* 35 years old: Started my current job, which very well may be my dream job
Funny how insignificant things look typed out like that. As my sponsor says any time I call with any sort of dramatic event, “So what?”
There was more to this exercise, but that stuff is way more personal y’all.
Evolved Mommy is about tech and gadgets as the relate to family life. We talk about Apple products like iPads, iPhones and pretty cases for iPads and iPhones. We talk about gadgets for the home like Nest thermostats and Roombas. We talk about nonsense and life in Northwest Arkansas. Whatever.